The Hottest topic of 2020 is How to speed up your WordPress Site. There are techniques that you can use to speed up your WordPress site and get your work done. We will show you the most important tricks and techniques you can use to boost your site. If the problems are concerning and you cant solve them on your own, it’s better to hire a WordPress expert who will fix the issues. But why should you speed up your WordPress website? When you use your site on WordPress, sometimes, you may face some problems which may slow down your website, which affects your site’s reach. There are some problems which can slow down your website’s speed.
Google is the most used search engine around the globe, and Search engines like google rank websites according to their speed. The fast loading website is ranked before the slower loading websites. The loading speed of your web page is critical, and focusing on improving it should be your goal if you want to push up your position in the SERPs. Recent studies have shown that the sites which take more than 2 seconds to load have a higher bounce rate from visitors. So speeding up the website will keep the visitors engaged, and it’s the most crucial point for e-commerce websites. The WordPress web designer should create the site in a way that boosts up the reach of the site and increases traffic.
Here are some points which will help you speed up your WordPress site:
- Choose the right Web Hosting provider
- If you have a proper web hosting provider the speed of your website will be high, and your website will load very fast. If you buy a cheap hosting service, you will get services according to it. Some people opt for Shared hosting, which offers fantastic benefits like unlimited emails, space, bandwidth, domains, etc. But the main problem in shared hosting, which people seem to overlook, is the shared hosting mostly fails to provide a good loading speed during the traffic hours. It shares to deliver excellent performance because you are sharing the hosting with countless websites, and you have no idea how many resources the others are using, even the fact that you have no idea about how well the servers are optimized.
2. Use Light Themes
- There are plenty of themes in WordPress which have different eye-catchy elements like widgets, sliders, social icons, and many more dynamic features. But when you use themes with plenty of details and higher page sizes, then they will affect your site’s reach and decrease the speed. To fix this, you can use themes designed by a WordPress expert, which are light and will load fast or The WordPress default theme, which is the best option.
3. Reduce the Image Size
- Images are one of the most important parts of the site and also they are a major contributor to the size measure of a web page. When you upload the Image you make sure it is of a high quality so the trick is to upload pictures with great quality without hindering its quality. To compress the size of the image, you can use photoshop or any other free tools on google.
4. Clean WordPress database
- Cleaning Up the database is essential, and deleting unwanted data from your database will keep its size small. Make sure to remove all the spams like comments and fake users or unwanted themes and plugins. Doing this will reduce the size of your database, and your WordPress site will run smoothly.
5. Keep Less external scripts.
- When you use external scripts, it adds a big load of data to your website’s loading time. The best option is to use fewer external scripts like Google Analytics, which is very important and comes out handy to check the ongoing traffic and other information about your site.
6. Uninstall Plugins
- This point doesn’t mean delete and uninstall all of your plugins; it means to deactivate the unwanted plugins from your WordPress, which is gathered as junk in your web files. When a WordPress web designer designs your web site, they put in all the essential plugins which will rank the website in Google’s search engine. Keeping unwanted plugins increases the size of your backup and puts a load on your server, which makes your site run slow.
7. Use a CDN
- Some people visit your website from many different countries and its an undeniable fact that the loading speed will differ if they are far away from your own country where your site is hosted. The CDN (Content Delivery Networks) work is to keep your website loading time at a minimum speed for visitors from various countries. It maintains a copy of your site in multiple data centers, which are located in different places. So when a visitor from a faraway land visits your site, the CDN serves them your website from the nearest location.