Today mobile phones have evolved from simple communication devices to a gadget that can basically do everything. Whether it be ordering food, availing a cab service or simply looking for directions, it can all be done using a mobile phone. This is only possible due to the wonderful world of mobile applications. In this “mobile application testing” article, we will be talking about the testing process of such applications.
Mobile application testing is the process every application developed for handheld devices has to go through. This, obviously, is to assure a certain level of quality before an application is released into the market place (app store/ play store). Mobile application development life cycle generally tends to be much shorter than others, hence, heavily depend on mobile application testing for their success. Applications get tested on the basis of security, their functionality, usability etc. This increases the general efficiency of the application on all fronts while also increasing the reliability factor amongst users.
Okay, now let’s take a moment to discuss the importance of mobile application testing.
Why is Mobile App Testing Important?
How does a user generally decide which app to download for a certain purpose? Ten years ago, this question could have generated a host of answers depending on personal choice and what not. Today it depends on two things –
Daily, mobile phones users install new applications on the basis of ratings and reviews, which are directly related to how well your application performs. This has made mobile application testing ever so important. With a host of mobile phones out there with different operating systems, screen sizes, processing capacity testing has evolved into a mandatory process in the software development process. New features keep users entertained, while quick bug fixes make sure that nobody uninstalls your app, making testing essential for an app’s survival.
Key Challenges in Mobile Application Testing
Mobile application testing differs from the traditional process of testing desktop or web applications. This means it comes with its own host of challenges.
The major challenge is due to the diversity of mobile devices. Today, there are a bunch of screen sizes, operating systems, hardware options, software versions etc. As of 2018, there are more than sixty thousand android devices on the market, and some of them have even started adopting the notch fashion which brings in challenges of its own. Let me list down the major issues faced in mobile application testing –
- Quick Rollouts – Mobile application in industry is one that acts upon bugs quickly; always thinking about new features. The faster these get rolled out, the longer an application remains trending.
- Multi-Platform Compatibility – Apart from Android and iOS, there are a bunch of other operating systems executed across a multitude of platforms. This only increases the time taken to test a certain application.
- Connectivity Modes – Mobile phones are subjected to different modes of connectivity, for example, roaming, 4g, 3g, edge, etc. Applications must be tested in all these various modes.
- End-to-End Testing – The mobile phone industry demands that applications integrate seamlessly, and be able to access data from the backend to be produced on the frontend, without any problems. Due to the diverse nature of mobile phones, this becomes a herculean task.
- Availability of Tools – There are a number of tools today that automate mobile application testing. Choosing the right one for your application is essential to the successful and efficient testing of the application.
The Solution? pCloudy’s Got You Covered
pCloudyis the next-gen cloud based mobile app testing platform powered by emerging technologies like AI and Predictive Analytics. It’s a full life cycle app testing platform that lets developers and QA teams ensure that their user enjoys a smooth and consistence experience on their apps.
You can perform manual as well as automation testing on more than 5000 device-browser combinations hosted on cloud. It provides hosts of other services like bot testing, in-field user experience testing. At pCloudy, we meet the needs of our clients by offering better collaboration, better development, faster tests and better tests.
What you can do here?
Concurrently test across 5000+ Device-Browser combinations on cloud or set up a private Lab. You can also test your app on multiple devices in synchronomous mode to speed up testing cycle. We have exhaustive support for automation testing tools to improve ROI on automation effort
- Perform mobile app manual tests on multiple devices in synchronomous mode and have real device access with physical device features.
- Run tests on automation testing tools like Appium, Espresso, XCUITest
- Run automation tests on multiple pCloudy real devices in parallel
- Automate mobile app tests for faster release
- Extend mobile app test by including web and API automation
- Get 40% reduction in test script creation
80% faster delivery of apps
Click here for more:https://www.pcloudy.com
Ranging from Audio Interaction Testing, to Mobile Device Coverage Report and Yearly Review, we provide you time to time updates that you will not want to miss.We don’t like to boast about ourselves. We present the facts here and you decide yourself why you should be testing your apps through pCloudy.
Click here to compare us: https://www.pcloudy.com/compare-us/
You can send us an email at: email@example.comOR
At pCloudy, Our Accomplishments drive us.