Finding the right vendor is crucial when you’re in the market for motorcycle parts or accessories. The best suppliers offer quality parts from reliable brands, as well as accessories like motorcycle helmets and women’s motorcycle jackets.
To get started on the hunt for the latest gear, check out this guide to determining the ideal fit and most popular brands for motorcycle helmets. From there, you’ll be well on your way to finding the most dependable parts for you.
How To Find the Right Fit When Trying on Motorcycle Helmets
How well a helmet fits is directly tied to how safe it will keep you in a crash. Safety ratings only come into play after you’ve got a helmet that fits perfectly. Follow these steps when you’re testing out men’s motorcycle helmets to make sure you’re finding the right fit.
- Determine Your Head Shape: Motorcycle helmets accommodate three head shapes: intermediate oval, round oval, and long oval. The most common fit is the intermediate oval. To figure out what shape fits your head, you’ll need to get an image from above. Once you have a picture, look at it to decide if you’re closest to an almost round shape, a long and thin oval, or an intermediate between the two.
- Measure Your Head Size: Use a soft tape measure to find out your head size. Wrap the measure around your head, going above your eyebrows and around the back of your skull. The circumference of your head will guide which size helmet you should choose. While it’s possible to take this measurement yourself, you’ll likely get more accurate results if you ask someone else to hold the tape measure.
As you shop for motorcycle helmets, reference your head shape and size to pick the best fit. When you have the helmet in-hand, try it on. A properly fitted helmet should feel snug, with the side cushions on a full-face helmet pushing a bit against your cheeks. Leave the helmet on for a bit to find out if any pressure points develop over time. While helmets should fit firmly, they shouldn’t cause severe discomfort.
What the Most Popluar Brands Are for Men’s Motorcycle Helmets
There are many, many motorcycle helmets on the market, and picking the right one can feel daunting. To help narrow the field, consider looking for a helmet from one of the most popular brands.
- Shoei: Offering a range of aerodynamic, full-face helmets for street riding, Shoei is a reliable source for quality and safety.
- Bell: Bell is committed to rider protection, offering several sport helmets.
- Nolan: With an eye toward technical innovation, Nolan is a solid choice for full-face helmets.
- Arai: If you’re wanting racing-ready helmets, Arai offers extra-strong helmets with features for aerodynamics and style.
- HJC: Available at some lower price points, HJC helmets are ample safety and comfort.
When you’re in the market for motorcycle parts, it’s important to turn to a trusted vendor for the best selection and quality. Find dependable parts from a reliable online supplier of motorcycle helmets and equipment.