When it comes time to file your taxes, you may be wondering if you should do them yourself or hire a professional. If you are like most people, the answer is probably “hire a professional.” And when it comes time to find a tax professional, you may be wondering if you should hire a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a Certified Tax Coach (CTC). So, which is the right choice for you?
Only Looking for Someone to Prepare Your Tax Return?
If you are looking for someone to simply prepare your tax return, a CPA is the way to go. CPAs are licensed by the state in which they practice, and they must pass a rigorous exam. They are also required to complete continuing education courses every year.
If You Have More on Your Plate Than Just the Prep for Tax Return?
However, if you are looking for someone to help you with more than just preparing your tax return, a CTC may be a better choice. Certified Tax Coaches have completed an intense training program and passed a comprehensive exam. They must also complete continuing education courses every year. In addition, Certified Tax Coaches are required to adhere to a strict code of ethics.
Understand what Your Goal is
So, when it comes time to hire a tax professional, ask yourself what your goals are. If you are simply looking for someone to prepare your tax return, a CPA is the way to go. However, if you are looking for someone to help you with business lead generation and referral marketing, with more than just preparing your tax return, a CTC may be the better choice. Still not sure which is right for you? Schedule a consultation with a Certified Tax Coach today and find out how they can help you reach your tax goals.
Benefits of Working with a Certified Tax Coach
What are some of the benefits of working with a Certified Tax Coach?
- A comprehensive understanding of the US Tax Code: To become certified, tax coaches must complete an intense training program that covers all aspects of the US Tax Code. This means that they have a much deeper understanding of the code than the average taxpayer.
- The ability to spot potential tax savings opportunities: Because they have a comprehensive understanding of the tax code, certified tax coaches can spot potential tax savings opportunities that you may not be aware of.
- A commitment to ethics: Certified Tax Coaches are required to adhere to a strict code of ethics, which means that you can trust them to provide honest and unbiased advice.
If you are looking for someone who can help you navigate the often-complex world of taxes, a Certified Tax Coach may be the right choice for you.
How to Hire the Right Certified Tax Coach
Now that you know some of the benefits of working with a Certified Tax Coach, you may be wondering how to hire the right one. Here are a few tips:
- Schedule a consultation: The best way to find out if a Certified Tax Coach is right for you is to schedule a consultation. During your consultation, ask about their experience, education, appointment setting, and approach to tax coaching.
- Get referrals: If you know someone who has worked with a certified tax coach, ask them for a referral. A personal recommendation can go a long way in helping you find the right coach for your needs.
- Do your research: Be sure to do your research on any potential coaches before deciding. Check out their website, read online reviews, and make sure they are a good fit for your needs.
Hiring the right Certified Tax Coach can make a world of difference when it comes to your taxes. Be sure to keep these tips in mind when you are ready to start your search.